Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We're All in This Together



Several years ago I discovered and became an instant fan of www.postsecret.com, a site where people anonymously send their secrets to a stranger (Frank Warren), and he posts them online. A while back Frank received a burned CD from someone confessing to secretly burning CDs and mailing them to strangers. Frank posted a playlist of all the songs on the CD, and I quickly tracked them down myself.

I loved the whole list, but this was my favorite. By itself the song has a beautiful message, but it's even better when I think about the stranger who burned it, the stranger who posted it, and all the other strangers who, like me, now love it. All of us have this one thing in common, and if we have one thing, maybe we can have a lot more.

Learn more about this daily Lenten devotional, created by Episcopal Young Adults of Western Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment